Sunday, March 25, 2012

Somebody Listening ?!?! We need to be safe.


I have always felt that the safety and security of a women is her own responsibility and no one else should be blamed. But yesterday was the day when my thoughts changed. What i think now is that the safety and security of a women depends on the people living in the society as well, along with the women herself. There have been instances in India and all over the country that says its women who is responsible for the bad behavior of guys. Really? how many of you think that its completely a girls responsibility to avoid the social calamities like Rape, or misbehavior, or unaccepted acts done by a guy like teasing girls on the road, passing comments that makes a girl feel awkward. I think both Men and Women are equally responsible for the increase in rapes in city like Delhi or anywhere else in India.
Let me tell you guys a incident that recently happened with me when i was travelling. I was really excited to go for the Annual Management Fest to my college like two years after i completed my Graduation. It was an awaiting moment for me as i was going to meet my old friends, batch-mates, my college, the professors, and the juniors. I booked the bus tickets from the leading online service provider" Red Bus". I have booked my tickets through Red bus quite a few times. The best thing about red bus booking is that they always deliver the tickets on time, and have a very good after sale service like calling you if you received the ticket, of if you need the contact number of the bus you are travelling in etc. I was all set to travel with my bag pack and this time without my laptop.
The journey towards the college was good enough. I reached safely to the city called Bangalore and also the Auto person helped me out in finding my friend's house. Her place was somewhere in the city, and it was in real interior. We took great effort reaching her place. Ah. they have thousand of houses in a row, all look alike with no names, and you have to go search which one is yours. The landmarks are something unknown to people living in that locality. So you should have alteast two or three landmarks when you are searching for a house in India especially in Bangalore, Delhi, or Mumbai. So all went well, i attended the Management fest with my friend and the juniors and super juniors. It was a fun event, and went off super quick.
On my return journey i had the same bus. I expected it to be safe and secure. It was a night journey and i probably could have reached my place like 0530 hrs. It was 0430 hrs and i felt somebody is trying to touch my hand. I thought may be its by mistake. Since i had taken the first seat, i thought may be someone's is just trying to relax as may be he didn't got the place. I tried sleeping again. Some Anonymous guy continued to touch my hand and trying to move forward. The seat assigned to me was just next to the driver, and still that guy had the courage to tease a girl in the moving forward bus. I opened the curtain of my seat and tried to look who he is. He all of a sudden got up and went in the back side of the bus so that i don't catch him. I thought after this he wont try doing it again. But can you guys believe he came back, and repeated the same thing. He tried putting his hands again. Since i was aware this is going to happen i was awake the whole night until i reached my destination. Realizing i am not asleep, he did that again, i became aggressive this time and shouted saying "What he Hell"?? He ran and went to his seat. Since i was alone, i didn't wanted to make it an issue as that can guy can take the revenge( As it happens that when you hurt the ego of the person, he tries to take the revenge now or later). I wanted myself to be safe and reach home ASAP. So i kept quiet, and got down at my stop.

Now here's the question. What do guys expect us to do? Should we not go out? Or may be we can't travel alone? Do you rapist want us to not to wear the dresses we want to or talk to people openly? You want us to be in a cage so that is the most safest place i think. Do you want us to be like a bird without the wings? We will do as you say Mr. Rapist. We won't work, we won't talk,

we won't come out of the house, we literally won't go alone anywhere. Are we going to be safe then? or may be ? or may be not, right? A girl is never going to be safe in such a society where you can't trust a cab driver that is picking you up from the office at 0200 hours, and then taking you to some odd place and then rapes you, and runs away. The police couldn't catch the culprit, and it keeps repeating over and over again. I don't get it, the guy who does this with other girls for sure has a Mother if not a sister. Why don't they realize that it spoils the girls future, no guy want to accept a girl who has gone through something like this. The parents as well feel ashamed of the girl if something like this happens with their daughter.
Please Mr. Rapist, you will continue doing this but a girl can't continue to give herself to some Anonymous brat whom she don't even know. You have to understand that a girl deserves to be safe in her mother country. Don't she? Somebody's Listening? We need to be safe!!
We do!

If you are an indiblogger, do promote the post, if you liked it. Else, leave a comment, or a like, if the post related to you in some way. Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. Chor ka apna koi jigar nahi hota..ye bat to apne suni hogi right, vo kudh dara hota hai ki usko koi pakad na le, If I would have been in your position whould have complained to bus driver and asked him to put that man out from bus and to co...mplain to police...you should have trust on India Police....agar hum log ye samajh ke hi chup hojaye ge ki vo badla le ga...to uski himat aur nahi badhe gi..ajj apko kal kisi aur ko aur parso kisi aur ko vo tease kare ga kyu ki apne use ye bata diya hai ki ladkiya darti hai...you should have courage inside you so that you should feel secure...instead of writting here and complaning try to act...its better to DIE than to SUFFER.
    Don't only complain...just act...we are also free in this Independent India..."Mr Rapist" no one just the bloody Cowardness of ourself..
    Grow up!! pick the sowrd up and bring revolution...difficulty is nothing just a path for our success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend all the girls to take the training of self defence...It should be mandatory class in all the schools for all the girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woahh!! I loved this idea of yours! I think we should make a business plan on this and on this Impact day should do something regarding the self defense for Girls. I am with you!

      Delete
  3. Uff....dis worries to me too...Ma'am...!!
    Nicely written and expressed.....!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayank it is the matter of being worry, and if you are means you do care for society. Thanks for liking it and commenting! TC.

      Delete
  4. Nicely written.. Specially the last two paragraphs …. Initial 3-4 paragraphs could have been touch better…. Off course girl’s can’t stop travelling alone, they have to prepare themselves to face such incidents and society too need to act in timely manner to avoid such type of cases…… frankly speaking guys are more responsible for such type of incidents…. Aur unka kuch nahin ho sakta… u have to be prepared….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm..Girish first of all thank you for giving the feedback. yeah the first 3-4 paragraphs could have been touched better way, but i was in a hurry to publish.:P...

      And related to guys ka kuch nahi ho sakta..that makes me think..even you are a guy and still saying that nothing can happen, means things will be like the way they are not. I think it better that we be prepared. Agreed but not completely.

      Delete
  5. I second with whatever Pragati has to say, You cant just sit and take the shit,You have to retaliate in whatever way possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tejo thanks for reading and commenting. I agree with pragati too. :)

      Delete
  6. Very well written..
    About the issue : yes its bad that it happned.
    Our country is on th everge of change But its not easy staying ion here.
    Delhi / NCR region sucks in this matter.
    And yes Kuch logo ka kuch nahi ho sakta , better be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rahul! yes its bad that i happened. :( But this needs to changed. We can't let these things happening. I am not sure what to do... I really want the girls to be safe!

      Delete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...