Thursday, June 14, 2012

BeYoNd Death!

Note: This article is just my imagination and thoughts. It is no way written to hurt somebody's feelings or appose somebody's thoughts.

Lying on the floor, all alone, saw people standing in front of me, in fact, people surrounded each side of my body. They covered me with a white sheet, i didn't like it at all. People were crying because i won't come back in their lives again. I saw my family looking at me, consoling each other. If one started crying the other was trying to make them strong. Yes, i was dead. People saw me as a dead body with no life. Looking at them i thought i was not supposed to leave them at this point of time. They wanted me back, they wanted to touch me, they wanted to talk to me, they wanted to feel me. They were holding my hands and crying, shouting, blaming god for everything. They were blaming god for taking me away from them. People who came were asking for reasons; what happened?, how did it happened? Why this happened? Where this happened? and with whom it happened. Listening to them my soul was laughing, thinking " People do follow the 5 W's always". Coming back to reality, that i am dead, i tried to be serious. Although they can't see me but i was able to see them. I was just dead as my body couldn't work, i was not physically there but I could see everything, i could see every action happening in the room. I could see the haphazardness.

I was alive. My soul was alive, active and still young. I could not understand why these people could not see me. I was standing next to my mom, of course not physically. Looking at her, i tried touching her, I tried to tell her that i am with her no matter what happens. I wanted to tell her, that although my body does not exist anymore, my soul is still alive. I wanted to tell her that i will be in this home with her forever. But could not. I realized the only difference between being alive and dead is the physical existence. As my physical existence was dead, they could not see my soul. The kidney was not pure, heart was not pumping, blood was not passing through the veins as it should have been. The parts were dead and so i could not survive. Everyone in the room were silent, looking at me.

I was the celebrity of the day.They gave me the utter attention of the world. People who never came to see me where consoling my parents saying " Don't worry, everything will be fine". "It happens" they said. Hm..I thought who are they? I never saw these people in my life. I wish if they would have met me when i was alive. The attention, the love that they are showering on me, if, they would have showed me when i was alive. I wish if people would have told me before that they love me, if people would have told that they admire me, or if they would have once told that i am a important part of their life. Now when they are crying, i want to talk to them, but i am dead. I am no more physically present. When they are coming to see my dead body how does it matters to me? I can't thank them, I am not able to hug them, or love them. I wish if we would have met when i was alive.

Coming out of the thoughts in my own world, I saw people were making me ready for the funeral. I could not believe that i am no more alive in this world. I was in a different world of liveliness, away from fear, away from hurt, away from anger, away from lies, and away from the eagerness to find someone or achieve something. I realized i am no more a person who have to prove to the world about my existence. I was no more a person living for money, i was a spectator who can see the happenings, but could not react or could not talk, or could not interact anymore with people. I could not advice, i could not help, or i could not contribute anything to the world. I was just a spectator.

Walking down the road, on someone else's shoulders, while I saw the last time, where I spent my life, the memories rolling down in front of my eyes. Neighbors house where i used to run for anything , the temple where i used to go with my father, the trees that me and my mom brought when i was a kid and we grew them in front of our house, the shop where I used to go to bring some groceries, and the "Rathore Ice cream wala" from whom I used to buy two scoops of ice cream everyday with cherry on top. In no time they burned me. I was no more in this world existed physically. But I was alive. I went back with my mom as a soul, just that this time without expectations, and without any give and take relationship! I walked back holding her hands, which she didn't knew. I was not dead, but my body was. I think that's why we say people never die, they are with you, and they are watching you if you are happy or not. If you are sad they are sad as well, and if your happy they are happy with you. Remember they only difference is, "They are the spectators and not the players anymore".



2 comments:

  1. well written ... good way to start the article and it goes well too ... the flow ... but could have been a touch more emotional and according to me u missed to touch upon a couple of points ... otherwise its good ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm..Thank you! I agree with you though that it could have touched more on emotional note. But didn't wanted it to be a bit too heavy.

      Delete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...