Saturday, February 23, 2013

Journey to "My Vows Remain Unchanged". Straight from the heart!


          STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!


When did it start?

OMG, it all started with that one thought to have my own work getting published. Reading books, ordering it from flipkart( yes, that's the portal I order books from and most trustworthy) and looking at the author’s biography made me think, somewhere, if my book can be the one I will be holding one day and people will be ordering and reading it. Crazy dream to write a "Book" (at least one in this lifetime) was one of my biggest dream to achieve. And that’s where it started. Also I forgot to mention I have thoughts going on in my mind always. So couldn't find the most effective way of sharing them.  

Was I a book beast?


Noooo, not at all. Yes I was a pretty good student; I was a university topper as well in Grad. I had those marketing concepts on my mind. I still remember the “Milking Concept” on which I gave presentation in Harish Bijoor’s class and was voted as the Best Teacher. Those who attended Bijoor’s class surely know what it is. Harish Bijoor! The Brand himself! He was the one inspiring personality who inspired me enough to make my own identity in this life. And he was the only one person who actually made me sit in the class before time as he never allowed, anyone, even a second after the class has started.

And then what?

And then, well, I have no idea after that what happened. But I just went crazy writing and kept on writing for months and weekends after work. Deloitte took 14 hours from my day(In busy season we usually work 12-13 hours). Then few hours eating, freshening up, on call, on FB, fighting with people, and apart from that what all time was left I dedicated it to writing. I went that crazy that I didn't sleep for few days. Because of busy schedule in office there was no time I was getting for completing my Novel and I decided to write whole night. That’s what I did for almost 3 months. Hm, yeah a little dark circles I got because of excessive working. L(That's why my face is not visible in the pic above)J

Any Role Model or inspiration???

Hm, to be frank after completing the book when in an interview someone asked me the inspiration I was blank. Because I never thought that I will write and I will write a novel in year 2012 itself. I never had any inspiration as such who motivated me to write. Yes writing a "book"was a dream always, after I started blogging, but not in 2012! 

To be true, I just didn't knew who my inspiration was for writing but may be the one inspiration can be the experiences. 

Now, after getting published I have an inspiration(unquestionably); Nicholas Sparks and Chetan Bhagat! And Amish Tripathi; haven't read yet but sure he is the hero. 

Why Chetan Bhagat?

Now for this I have logic and answer both. He just wrote 6 books till now (YES, only 6!) and is the youth icon, one of the most influential people in India. When I looked at his profile and other Authors (in India) I found out that his writing's are most admirable, and most importantly qualitative rather than quantitative. His work is matured and he has not only written love stories but also have written about politics, he did not wrote only about sex but also about other things like what young India wants. He came out of the Romantic Genre and tried his hands on others too…. And that too only in those 6 books. He is an inspirational speaker and most importantly down to earth.

So if I want to be like or admire someone it’s definitely him! I would like to work more on quality of writing rather than just bunching up the books in lines on the same topic always.

How did I found out the publisher?

I seriously didn't approach many publishers, believe it or not I am a person with less of patience.(()). Somewhere in my mind I just wanted to get this book published by 2012 end, and I have no reason for the question why? I talked to a few well known publishers and they said, they will take three months or so to go through the manuscript and get back to me and all that shit. From somewhere I got to know about Power Publishers. I talked to them; they liked the manuscript and replied to me in seven days. Whatever it is I was happy.

Finally the book is doing well, edition 2 is out too in less than 3 months, also it is included in almost ALL the online portals including Junglee.com( Amazon India) 
how does it feels?

It feels great! I have no words. I mean I still can’t believe I did that. Infact my parents didn't knew that I was writing a book until I talked to the publisher and told them. They just couldn't believe. They just thought I am a workaholic and love working in Deloitte. That I do! no second thoughts please, but they never saw a book coming out of me! And the day I saw them holding my book, I felt PROUD.

SO the journey was all good. No problems or hurdles?

As it is said, before any good work something bad has to happen so the good should not be affected. J

Having said that, I went through emotional imbalances in life, my friend cheated on me, not one but few of them infact, and many people betrayed, talked bad behind my back, tried all their ways so that I should fail and I think that’s what they wanted. For me to fail in life? Really that's what was left in someone else's life to bother about mine? ha!! How could I let that happen? I had to come out of those negative thoughts and only I could help myself and no one else. People will be there when the time is good, but in bad times those stands with you are your true friend and are ‘your’ people. Although, I didn't had many, but enough to help me to get back to my normal life.

I learned many things, but one I would like to share. The more people show animosity towards me, the more I will be loving towards other people! J

The more kind, gentle, and respectful I will be towards other people.

The book came out and with god’s grace all is well!

Second book?

Yes, I will have a second book coming out. Next year may be. I am going to write it leisurely. Not in hurry, like the first one. Phew, it was like a trouble for my eyes! I have a title for second one and have started working upon it leisurelyyyyyyyyy......

Oh and the title is “A Moment of Love” when two eyes met!”  

Love story?

Yes, it is a love story, but believe me; it is going to be out of the world. I promise this will be one of my best works I would have ever done, until now and finest as well.

Future?

No idea what the future is going to be. I want to write one book on…Hm..let it be a secret now. Walls have ears, and words have power to speak. J

Few words at the end…6

Journey till now has been a mix of emotions. Happiness, feeling glad for the little success and appreciation I got (Publicly and personally) from people in Deloitte who read the book specially. I loved when people discussed about the chapters among themselves! :D

At the end I thank people for buying the book, spending their penny, and reading the book. I thank more than enough for them who bought the book, spent their penny, read it and also gave the review on portals. Infact I thank each and every one (No discrimination. ;)).

At the end I thank those who broke my trust that really helped me in fighting with my own self and discovering my OWN new self. J

At the end, I am in a happy state of mind. Back to normal and in peace. And I just want to say it I love my parents, a LOT! (Don’t know why but just felt like saying it. Also you guys know my dad recently learned how to do video chat on Skype and we do it almost every day. He still doesn't believe that he actually sees me! :P)  

Also at the end, I would say “My Vows Remain Unchanged” until “A Moment of Love” when two eyes met!”J


P.S: I have this new obsession of travelling in Auto... We have sharing autos in Hyderabad. And to listen to those Telugu songs. Believe me…. Few songs are just amazing!! :D


P.S.+1 :  Get a copy of "My Vows Remain Unchanged" from 

Flipkart.com: http://tinyurl.com/FlipkartMyVowsRemainUnchanged

Infibeam @176 only: http://tinyurl.com/InfibeamMyVowsRemainUnchanged

People in United States or anywhere else can get it from India Amazon. Please follow the link:http://tinyurl.com/Junglee-com-MyVowsRemainUnchan

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article, just what I needed.

    Here is my web site: adjustable dumbbells

    ReplyDelete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...