Monday, April 22, 2013

Can I have a lime soda please?!??


‘Can I have a lime soda, please?’ Aisha asked the waiter, as soon as she entered the restaurant, that she struggled to find after ten minutes of walk on the empty road, in an unknown city, Delhi. This was her first week in Delhi and she was yet to find a decent place to stay. Presently, she was staying in the corporate apartment that was provided by the office. She had been given that accommodation for 15 days and within that time frame she has to find another place to put up her ass for next 4 months
.
She was waiting for one of her friend to join at the restaurant. He was the one to suggest that place, as it is near to the place that Aisha was staying. Her friend Neil was a software engineer and was placed in Delhi after they completed their graduation. Aisha and Neil studied in the same college and are friends from then. Neil and Aisha were once going around when in college but then the broke off because they realized that it’s not working. They were complete opposite and when I say complete, means like fire and ice. If Aisha liked Red, he liked Blue. If she liked Romantic songs, he liked racing and biking. After few months of their relationship in college, Neil started acting paranoid. He started thinking that Aisha is not giving him the importance that he urged for. Aisha became more irritated as days passed. Finally they decided to part their ways for betterment of their own self. They loved each other still by all means!

They were friends even after their breakup, as good friends are difficult to find these days. They were about to meet after some two years since the college was over.

Sipping the lime soda that the waiter just kept on her table she dialed Neil’s number asking him where he was. The call was unanswered. She thought that maybe he is on his way and decided to wait.

And there he was, as he barged in through the door. Aisha showed a sign of relief.

‘Hi Aisha’ Neil said as he shook hands with Aisha and moved to hug her warmly.

‘Hi!’ Aisha responded as she hugged him too.

They both took their places and smiled at each other.

‘So… what else? How is life ’? Aisha asked.

‘It’s pretty good. Good to see you today. I thought we would never see each other after the college was over.’ Neil said.

‘Hm, yeah. I know. Even I never thought we would meet like this, in Delhi! Long time, almost two years.’ She sighed.

Neil ordered the food while they talked to each other.

‘And one lime soda’ he said.

‘Oh, I already had one. You still remember that was my favorite drink?’ Aisha shrugged.

  ‘Yes, of course, I do’ Neil replied after a short pause.

‘Why did you call me here Neil? And that too as soon as I landed?’

‘I actually wanted to tell you something’. Neil replied.

‘Okay, and what is it?’ Aisha asked as she gulped the last sip of lime soda.

‘I… I… I actually love you still and I want us to give another chance to our relationship.’ He confronted.

‘WHAT? Are you crazy? I mean… I don’t think that is a right thing to do or for that matter to think. I don’t think I love you anymore.’ Aisha replied, a little freaked out.

‘But, why? I still think of you every day. And now, when you are in Delhi for four months now, why can’t we give another chance? Don’t you like me, at all? Or, do you have someone else in your life? If that is the case, then I won’t come in between you guys. But if you have no one in your life then let’s give each other one last chance. You loved me crazily and I did too. Yes, we were a little immature at that time and acted silly. But now things have changed. ‘Neil summoned.

‘I don’t know Neil. I think I should go. I am getting late. I will talk to you later.’ Aisha shrieked and walked out of the restaurant. She was a little freaked out with what Neil just said right now. Even she likes him, or Loves him, but is scared to give another chance. What if it does not work this time as well? What if they end up fighting like they did the last time? What if Neil behaved the same way?

  ‘Okay, as you say. But please think over what I said.’ Neil said.

Aisha left the place and Neil left too after making the payment.

A year later…


Neil and Aisha were getting married. Yes, Aisha decided to give another chance to Neil as even she found it difficult to run away from her feeling that she had for Neil. Neil left no stone unturned to make things perfect as he never stopped loving Aisha, never! And Aisha as well realized with time that they were meant to be together. A fire and Ice needs each other at some point. J

True love find its place, you just have to give another chance!


P.S.: I know it’s so easy to say. Right? Then to do?... Hm…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...