Wednesday, April 17, 2013

THEY, THEIR, THEM, US, WE, OUR!! Really, where does 'I'stand!??


Scenario 1: 

They only know their benefit!
We are like this!
Their main motive is to earn money.
They don't care about India. 
It’s their responsibility! 
We should tell them what needs to be done!

Scenario 2:

I love coffee!
I love this picture of mine.
I am good with photography.
My main motive is to be successful.
I don't like.... or I hate... or I don't like them... or politics is bad, I hate politicians, they do nothing for the society, I am passionate about... and…and…and… 


See the difference between the two? The first one is where people blame others for everything happening in this society. And second one is when they are only bothered about themselves. 

When someone talk about politics or politicians and say 'They are like this' or when someone talk about India and say 'Indians are like this' or  ‘We can't change this’ my mind just blows up and I think who are they to talk on behalf of someone else or ‘Me’? Because in that ‘We’ even I am included somewhere. When coming to their personal preferences they use 'I', 'My', 'Me', 'Mine' but when it comes to something that they don’t want to take blame on it automatically becomes 'We', 'Us', 'They' and all sort of crappy words.

 I just need to know two things:

1. Who asked someone else to talk for somebody else? If 'you' don't do it or if you can't correct it then 'you' should not take a right to blame everyone using ‘We’

2. When you use 'We' or 'Us', how do you know that all are thinking in the same way or at the same level or as same as you are? You have no idea what other's life is or what they are doing and what not. So you have no right to talk on someone else's behalf. 

When you say 'We Indian's are like this' remember you can't tag all people along in the same picture. So in that 'We' there are also people who are working hard to bring the change in the society. There are also people who are doing something different and worthwhile every day that 'You' think you might not be doing. Also in the 'We' there are people who work day and night in schools and college and teach there so that they can help in 1% development of the society. In that 'We' there are also people who are living their dreams and passion. In that 'We' there are people who don't want to be tagged with other people just because they live in 'India'.

In that ‘We’ there are people like ‘Arvind Kejirval’ and ‘Kiran Bedi’ who are fighting hard. In that ‘We’ there are also people who don’t even know what’s happening in the world or society as they are illiterate. In that ‘We’ there are children’s whose future is staked on ‘our’ decisions.

These terms like ‘We Indian’s are like this’ or ‘Politicians are corrupt’ or ‘We have a corrupt government’ or ‘We need to change the education system’ is just vague and stupid. It does not actually tell what ‘you’ want to convey in ‘your’ talks.

When you say ‘We should bring the change’ what does that exactly mean? It means who should bring the change?? It’s ‘you’ who need to bring a change. It’s ‘I’ who need to bring the change and not ‘We’. If education system in India needs to be changed then it’s not ‘We’ who can do it by talking, but ‘I’ need to find some way in doing it by getting into the system.  

So like the way ‘You’ and ‘I’ and ‘We’ take other important decisions in our life, like marriage, or what we like or love; in the same way we should be independent to talk on our own behalf on other societal issues and not always say ‘We Indian’s’ when we refer to someone else. If it’s ‘you’ then talk about you and not about someone else in your talks. Ofcourse that does not mean that you have to be the ‘I’ ego person, but, when you refer to someone else, or, ‘We’ as in whole be specific in whom you are referring to. You might be hurting someone who is not like ‘YOU’.




To be frank I don’t know how many of ‘YOU’ will understand what I want to say here. But hopefully atleast few will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...