Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Alarm CLoCk! Tik tik tik tik.

TeTEteeee TeteeTeeTeee...I think that's how the alarm rang at morning 0715. Heard my mom shouting ' Tukkiii,,,,,,get up dear..or else you will be late for the School. Yeah my school was morning 0745 and the prayer starts exact 0750 hrs..I know i know its a bit late for me to get up but that was the time i do usually get up..get ready in and 20 minutes and rush..School was 5kms away from my home..Me and my brother used to drive like crazy early morning on a scooter. Well people outside India if don't know what scooter is, let me try explaining it to you guys. It is a kind of old vehicle that people used to drive on. It had a very weird shape and look but at that time a little less embarrassing. Everyday prayers, the periods..well yes..when in school we used to call the lectures as periods.. 1st , 2nd and SO on..!! Those days were awesome. I really miss the tuition classes for Mathematics. I was weak on the subject always..I just can't forget the lunch box that my mom used to cook for me and my brother. There was a routine in everything we do. We used to go out in the evening to play some games with the colony people. At 0730 pm sharp my mom used to come out and call me " Tukki......Tukki...come home its time " We used to pray every day with my mom. She always made sure that me and my brother sit with her while she is praying. I was a kid then..and she was a teenager. But i just saw a mom in her..Who loves her kid like anything. She had her life too but she gave more importance to us.

When we entered the high school my brother was preparing for IIT/JEE/AIEE. Well all these are nothing but competitive exams to get admission into the best engineering colleges and Indian institute of technology.Since i am a year younger than him, I was studying for board exam. In India we have tenth and twelfth as board exam. Board exam is nothing but external exam. My parents were really proud that we were studying in CBSE Board which is one of the known university in India until high school. Alarm clock really played an important role in our life. While studying i used to put the alarm for 5 minutes and try writing an answer as fast as i can because i had to finish one answer in those 5 minutes and be ready for the next one. I literally used to solve the mock question paper, sitting in my room, for continuous 0300 hours.. We were always told that its very difficult to complete the whole paper and so we used to practice hard. My brother used to carry big and heavy books for studies..All with options and 1000 odd questions. But i remember very clearly that my mom and dad never forced both of us to do certain thing or study something particular. They always used be awake with us while we were studying. My mom used to come and ask in midnight if i need something. She was on her toes for us.

We never wanted to grow old. Especially me..I always wanted to be that small little kid who can just run to mom or dad when something happens in the life. or when i fight with someone on small thing. I never decided to grow old..but at one point i was excited..to see the world on my own. To have my own identity. To carry my own opinions and not to listen to parents. I wanted to because i saw my friends growing in front of me. I wanted to because i heard my parents saying " you are 18 and still act like a kid. you need to grow up". And so gradually i did.

But i miss those days..i miss my mom's lunch box. GOsh i have tears in my eyes.. I literally miss how my mom used to every morning be at my back to drink a glass of milk or eat the lunch box . How she used to force my to have my dinner on time and sleep on time. How she was behind me alll the time with on thing or the other. She used to move her hand with enough of love..to make me sleep. Once i was sick and i was coughing. I asked my mom " Mom, your sleep won't get disturbed if i cough in middle of the night? Well, her answer was "Nahi Bittu(No baby) and gave a kiss on my cheeks." Believe me i used to hate that kiss of her. But now i miss.

I really miss my childhood. I miss that innocence, i miss that Kiddish behavior, i miss everything. I miss that Alarm clock! And the voice of the alarm clock. Teeteeteeete Teeteeteetee!! I wish i can go back. Also i want to say sorry to my mom and dad for fighting with them on silly things..for not listening to them and at times not talking to them. I am sorry mom. I am sorry baba. But i do remember what you did for me. But i like being a kid in front of you. I like acting immature. I want to be your kid always who is dependent on you .

P.S: I remember when i was a kid i used to be happy at every small thing. Be it a chocolate, ice cream, or something yummy that my dad used to bring while coming from office. I was the most happiest when my mom brought me a Chinese pen. I was the only one in the class to have that. I was so damn happy to play carrom board in the afternoons of summer holidays. I was so mesmerized to play ludo. Those days were InCREdible!! I know i can't go back but i can cherish the moments. Gosh i miss those days!!!!!


If you are an indiblogger, do promote the post, if you liked it. Else, leave a comment, or a like, if the post related to you in some way. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. thanks to reminded again those childhood days .. it seems all the used images in this post is enough to describe "missing childhood".
    scooter - ha ha ha, really say something about those days.

    excellent work Tukkiii... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tukki!! i love that name! Thanks again dear. I hope you genuinely liked the post. :)your comments for me are always awesome.

      Delete
  2. Well seeing some similar words ( tik tik tik …… and tukki )….. cute name……. childhood are the best days of our life… the harsh fact is that we only realize it after growing up…. Life was so simple than…………. (I remember one song of jagjit singh… yeh daulat bhi le lo yeh shaurat bhi le lo…. Magar muzko de do vo kagaz ki kashti aur barish ka paani…….)................. good going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i love that name!! My parents still call me with the same name..
      I love tht jagjit singh's song too!! Thanks Girish! i guess i have started expecting your comment on every post of mine. and that i bad..uhh..but thats okay..!! :)

      Delete
    2. -Useful info! I bookmarked it.

      Delete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...