Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I have different minds! We all have. The popping Corn!


Sitting on the first bench, in the training, after the heavy lunch, it was getting difficult for me to concentrate on what the presenter was trying to say. And the deserts added on to it. I was feeling drowsy , and sleepy. Eyes were closing down without my knowledge, they were saying me please get home soon. I need to sleep. I was trying opening them. Looking at the floor for a second to give some relaxation to my eyes. I felt as if i have been tortured to keep my eyes open for an unending time. Heard the sentence ' partnerships, limited liabilities, general partners and joint ventures’. Both my hands gave support to my face, yeah I needed that support and looked at the instructor, my eyes rolled on to him, he was moving all over the room trying to make us understand the flow through concepts. He was from United States, Michigan. His name was Patrick Fitzgerald. We call him Pat. He had two kids, oh sorry three. He bought few candies for us from the states and we were waiting for them to open post lunch. When we entered the class post lunch, all the three packets were emptied and he was really, i mean 'Really' disappointed to see such act done by a professional employee in such an organization. I felt bad as i could not collect even one. But this act just made me think, why do people break the trust and act indecent in such great atmosphere?!?!? We tried to put our eyes on few of the people who were already there in the room before us. But none of them accepted that they are the culprit, of course they won't. A person if steals something, never accepts that he did that. Alright forget about that.

So...while in the training, my mind was getting distracted and it was going all ways thinking few things. Like a rainbow it was changing colors. How at one point of time i was thinking about the apartment that i have to look for in the evening, how the broker was calling me and i was trying to cut the call, how i was thinking about the past; the present, the future, looking at the slides going on, the blue and green color of the boxes. Oh Gosh, we have different minds.

Different minds, different people, at the same time. We all think approximately 10 things at the same time, in fact more than that. We try to concentrate on one single thing, focus our mind, but still, our mind works in different ways. Your one part, say. Concentrate! The other one says ' Break' the third part says ' I am hungry, feed me something’. 'Oh i am sleepy' the fourth part says. Next say, 'oh when am i gonna fall in love', the next thinks..'Oh i didn't talk to my friend who called me yesterday'. And then we are thinking ' hmm. my friends marriage.. How am i gonna go? I have lots of work'. Thinking how to say that i won't be able to come. oh Wow, I am gonna get the appraisal this year. How much will be my hike. And then the guy who is behind you (or a girl who is behind you if you are a guy, or if you have some other preferences, i don't mind that too). And then it says ' my gosh, what are they trying to teach us? We already know this'. I went back to the bad times i have gone through, and then the very moment i also thanked god for taking me out of those times. My mind at the same time was listening to what Pat was saying and i was answering to make him sure that 'oh yeah, don't worry, we are listening' although we were not. So ultimately what i wanna say is even though we think that we are focused on a work, or our mind is at one place, its never like this. We are always diverted with different thoughts at the same time.


Since we are human, our mind tends to work in a different way and in different directions at the same time. And when we think too much, our mind needs rest. Infact more rest than expected. When we say we are matured, that means we have control over our senses. Our mind is built enough to handle ten different thoughts at a time. That is one of the reasons i love being grown up and matured because then i can act..

Concentrating on the class again, i looked on to the PPT that was going on. I realized i was not at all in there the room, for an hour or so. I was in my world of thoughts.

I looked at the clock, it was still 03 45 in the heavy afternoon. The class was quiet, people were in their own world of thoughts, and were successful in giving the look to the instructor Pat that 'hey, oh ya we are listening. Moving their heads up and then down gradually on everything he said, as a sign of focusing and making him feel welcome'. I got myself back to the class, and Pat concluded the topic Partnerships.  And added 'Alright so we have a fifteen minutes break' . And we all were awake suddenly. I felt as if somebody just said a dialogue ' Go, go free yourself. Go, live again, Go get some life dude'. Well what he actually said was, go stretch yourself , have some air and come back quickly. With the thought in my mind of coming back, we went out of the training room. I realized it then, that today was my first day of training; i have 4 more days to go. So, i have four more days to think about myself. Think about all what i could not do  when i was busy working. As one of my friend said, while having lunch provided by the company as a complimentary for the trainees, that 'This is the time, to heal you'. Well, thats what i am gonna do.

Happy blogging till then!

P.S.: Pat did bought the candies again the very next day of our training, and distributed to all of us. I really felt bad for what happened in the class (Stealing of candies) uf..Kidding me. BTW I ate Mars and the Hershey’s :)


And again, if you are an indiblogger and liked the post, please please promote it, and leave a comment over here or a like at-least! I think i deserve some. :P

10 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you...i am in the same situation now...training session....but the difference being i am sitting on the last bench....!!
    I seriously appreciate ur writting....its worth reading...!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really! you fully deserved it. very interesting post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it happens to most of us…. But its difficult to remember what we thought just a minute before… as hell lot of thoughts go through our mind….. its interesting that u were able to recollect and write it down…….. someone said to me that we should look at our life as a person standing at the corner of the road.. sees the traffic passing by……… u did the same thing...... (sorry for the lengthy comment :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Girish : Yes it does happen to almost all of us that we have hell lot of thoughts in our mind going on. Well nice example : A person standing of the corner of the road...... I agree to that .

    Lengthy comment ? haha i really don't mind lengthy comments. They fetch more attention. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
    Cbse sample paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey AIEEE thanks so much! Thanks for visiting and liking the post. Well if you can post a link of this blog on your page that is really gonna be great for me and i am gonna get few more readers!!

      Keep visiting. Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. Wow..!! this blog I like d most Ma'am...really this is what only a writer could notice....!! I really salute u for this blog.....!!! Great going..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Mayank. you salute me for this blog? Thank you soooo very much. Nothing can be a better compliment than this. You too keep writing, Aggressively.

      Delete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...