Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Goal-free Life.......

Do you have a goal in your life? I mean have you decided what do you want to become in you life, or what do you want to achieve, or like after five years where do you see yourself ? No..you don't have? Are you kidding me. We all have goals in life, I mean atleast most of  us( with exclaimed expressions I told my friend). Our conversation continued and I asked " Then what are you going to do. I mean just be the way you are? He answered very calmly with a kind of satisfaction in his eyes  " Yes, what else I need in my life. I have a job, I am earning well, my parents are looking for a bride. I will get married." Wo Woo hold on. "So you mean to say you will get married in like few months". "yes I will" he said. I continued "Then what about your career? I don't think you have achieved enough to settle down. I mean we have so many things to do in our life. It's not that getting a job is the only purpose of life or is it?. "Well it is for me" and our conversation ended giving my mind a thought about goals in life. Well I should say a Goal-free life.  



I have met like thousand's of people in my life or may be more than that..and when the conversation comes about their life or their goals, almost all of them have the same thought procedure about it. Each one of them think that the main purpose of studies is to get a job. Once you get a job your purpose changes from learning to earning, after that earning becomes your way to get married and then that's it. Rest all just "Rest in peace". Well, is that all what you need or you need to have certain goals in your life. I am also sure most of you reading this article will have the same thoughts as well. If not, that's really great to know.

Most of us have no goals, especially the young generation. I am young too :P and belong to the same generation. So when they have no goals in their life, they have nothing to achieve. They are just like a balloon left in the air, if it survives, well and good otherwise it comes back to the ground zero again. People as well are of this thought. They say " Let's see how it goes.. or let it just continue the way it is, and we'll see later what needs to be done." These are the people who don't know what they want to achieve, and how to achieve. They are the one who thinks destiny is the ultimatum, Well yes ofcourse it is, but hard work pays you off.

Few who have the goals, work constantly in that direction, are focused, knows what to do and when. They know their own plan of success and are not dependent on their fate. They are the one who are not affected by the external environment because they have their plan in front of their eyes. It keeps revolving around them forcing to climb the mountain step by step. They are always calm, composed, eager to learn,and working continuously to achieve their goals. For them showing off is not the key to success but hard work it the one. A person who has certain goals, always values time and thinks that every second is important of a day. They are not the one who has a preset lifestyle, but they are the one who want to do something new, different and unique than what others are doing.

For a Goal free life you need nothing. I mean you just flow with the life the way it takes you. But for a life with thousand of goals to be achieved, you need a lot of characteristics that great people have. Most of the people who are successful in life have always been the one who are out spoken, have a lot of common sense, eager to learn and share their knowledge, they are the one who have great communication skills and a lot of convincing power. They are the one who have always make their presence felt in the crowd and the one about whom people are more eager to know, more than they share with them! You will mostly find them walking on their own or doing things differently than others. It's one of their biggest trait. They are confident always!

A goal achiever person is always better than a Goal-free person because he will, atleast reach a step ahead of the Goal-free person. If you don't have a goal you can set it still. It's not only about your professional life but may be about your personal life as well.

I have set my goals, and I am working towards it continuously. I have very less time to achieve certain goals, because then I have other ones targeted. Don't waste a moment because time just flies. When i see few people achieving more than i have..who are less than my age, i realize it's a bit too late. But still, I am happy that I am better off them who don't have any.

P.S: This picture is my diary in which i write and I am a left hand writer!:)

If you are an indiblogger, do promote the post, if you liked it. Else, leave a comment, or a like, if the post related to you in some way. Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. good one Amrita....hope these young guys/gals will definetly read this article and will take some lessons and will set some goal path for their career ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Atul..yeah its for them and for us as well. So that we should as well keep in mind the importance of goals in our life..

      Delete
  2. Trust me.. 99 out of 100 people will read this article, appreciate it...nd then will forget it (telling themselves its not for me).. But even if tat 1 left out makes a difference.. Its a great stuff to write..An eye opener..nd Yeh as u portrayed in your article.. Thousands nd thousands of people have NO GOALS..hence their by default GOAL becomes to earn money (which they have no clue y they want)..This i am saying by my personal experience.. Just to add on to ur writing for readers: MONEY IS NOT A GOAL... it can just be a means/way to achieve A GOAL..(So set ur goals as amrita mentions)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo Moiz! yes i agree to you like hundred percent. It takes just one word to achieve a goal and that's determination... When you say 99 out of 100 will forget about this I agree to that.But that one is the one who is going to be the one creating the difference.

      Delete
  3. Useful topic to write on and well written … Yes we should have goals and they must be followed diligently, many people have goals but they don’t go for it whole heartedly, also, money should not be the only goal, we should have goals for Family, Society and they need to be worked upon sincerely, it should not be like if u will get time than you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Mr. Bachchan Super Senior said, "Alag alag path batlaate sab, par main yeh batlaata hoon. Raah pakad koi ek chalaa chal, paa jaayiyega Madhushaalaa..."

    Point being that you need to have some goal, even if it changes on the way...moving forward is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Chandrakant for such a wonderful comment..Yes a goal is always necessary..

      Delete
    2. The topic is really interesting. I happened to read many articles related to goals setting, and how important it is for one's personal and professional Growth and Development. One should really sit down and analyse, what they want to achieve in their life. A life without goal, is like a life without direction.

      Its also mandatory to write down your goals somewhere, as the proverb goes "Until you commit your goals to paper, you have intentions that are seeds without soil."

      Delete
    3. I agree completely!! you know also discussing your goals with your close ones or friend really helps a lot!! Try doing that.

      Delete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...