Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Handicapped...

I ran through the street, trying to save myself. Hiding in the corner of the Grocery shop, I called them to save me. None received my call. I could see people running behind me, were trying to find asap. They wanted to kill me and didn't want me to exist here anymore. I was hiding, leaning to the left side wall of the shop covering my face with a cloth. My eyes were visible, so that I could see if they left or still wandering around. I was praying that they should not catch me..They all talked among themselves and decided to divide in groups so that they could search me all over the places. I knew I was going to die but still just that moment of life was enough at that time. Dying makes me a kinda scare, not only to me but to all of us. They are going to shoot me with the powerful pistols or may be will beat me with the sticks. I was going to die..I couldn't believe there was no one to help me get out of that situation. Well i knew it this day is going to come soon, but never expected in these few years.



They left the place thinking that I am not there.. Coming out of the grocery shop I decided to go far away from these political people and start a new life. I was alone all alone but I was still okay. Hiding in between the people on the road I somehow reached the railway station. I sat there in one corner where people can't find me easily. I was waiting for the next train since those days we had limited facility of trains and other transports. The next train as scheduled at 0230 pm and it was 0210 pm. I prayed to god to save me from them for next twenty minutes.

My face was still covered. I heard some shouting on the station...looking at the crowd when I tried to see what's happening, I saw them..they saw me from a distance. Please save me god..Please save me.. I ran through the station...They were a bunch of people. My survival now was impossible. I ran with all of my strength,  my heart was pumping faster..they shouted..wait...or we'll shoot you. I didn't listen as I was sure I am going to die. But still I wanted to try my best. I heard the voice of pistol. Aaahh I shouted..My left leg was dead. Stop they said..Stop! "No" I said and tried running with more pressure on my right leg holding the left one..They shot my right leg..I dropped myself on the floor.."It hurts" I said to myself.  But I knew this is going to happen one day and that day was this one. They all came and surrounded me. I begged not to kill me..Keeping one leg on my left hand..they shot my right hand..I was half dead..Then the left one..They cut both my legs and hands. I was a handicapped. I was alive..but a handicapped.

You want to know who I am? I am the mother India. I was never a handicapped but people made me like this. My left leg that they shot was the Humanity that went off first from this world. The right leg was Equality. They made the religions and castes and cultures. They divided me without asking if I wanted that or not. The strange part is they first made religion, caste systems and after making me dead..they made the Fundamental right.." Right to Equality". My right and left hand were right against exploitation. They exploited this county and made it like this. They allowed bad people to enter into politics, and then made a constitution that every individual has the right against exploitation. I was free before all these things came into existence, they tied me with a rope and then made a right to freedom to an individual.

Are we actually free? or Independent ? Where every second individual is forced to follow a religion, a caste. Where every second individual is exploited. Where the politicians are playing politics against the people and where we have divided people into rich and poor category. We are a secular county but every second individual is more worried about other's life. I believe we need to change, and then the country will change. It's not us but it's the history.I think independence comes from thoughts and not from rights or duties. They made castes and religions and we are the followers. We are following our history because it is said..A history repeats itself.

I am not the one to say anything.. We all are great minds. Just think as a country and you will get an answer.

I am and will always be proud to be an Indian, in fact a Human. I also feel the true Indians are the one who are giving their life to the country. They are not politicians, or the one into any profession that earns them name and fame but into the profession that directly serves the country. They are the soldiers. They are the one who are actually giving their life to India. They are the one who will be handicapped if something happens to them and not we!  




If you are an indiblogger, do promote the post, if you liked it. Else, leave a comment, or a like, if the post related to you in some way. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. good oneeee keep writing Amy-rita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really thrilling to read, as how u brought life to Mother India’s character, written in a creative and different way, patriotic and emotional explanation of the last two paragraphs and mentioning of cure for this handicap situation would have made this article much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a comprehensive comment girish...Thanks for the first part..for the creative thing..and yes..I could have mentioned the cures..but I didn't wanted it to be too long for the readers..to skip the parts.. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Chris, thanks for the invitation. I really appreciate it. I will join it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...