Monday, December 26, 2011

Just Into It!!!!!!



I reached home; it was around 12:45 A.M in the morning. I felt as if my mobile was ringing. I looked at my mobile, there was one unread message from my friend and 5 missed calls, from my parents and friends. Well my parents keeps calling me until and unless I respond to them at least once, whether it’s night 1:oo A.M. or3 :oo A.M. I have to give them a call once I am home safely. I couldn’t reply to all the calls but read the message. One of my friends asked me to read the poem that he recently wrote and wanted to post it on his blog. Asked me to read it, I guess this was the thousandth time that he was asking me to do that. Because of work I was trying to postpone it. But he used to message me everyday asking “Did you read it”? Did you read it??? And it went on for days. I thought okay let me just see what blunder he did this time.

It was a tiring day at office (as usual) but still opened the laptop, plugged in the data card and opened the mail box to check his poem. Huh!! I thought why I am even reading it at this time, when I actually need sleep, my mind is not working and when after working like for 12 hours. I was cursing him again and again while reading it. Half of the words I could not understand and half I didn't want to, as I was forcing myself. I just did not know what to do. By that time I received a message again" Did you read it??  And then I was like give me a break, I am doing it, stop messaging me every now and then, stop pinging me please..Please, I beg you! But still could not say this to him; I went through it again (no option left), trying to concentrate. I really felt a bit bad about him, that he trusting me and waiting for my response and I am like an Insane not responding to him. Then I realized I should respect his trust and read it carefully.  

I started reading it from beginning, line by line; word by word, and you won't believe, I was actually getting into that and finding out the blocks. I got up, took out my diary, switched on the light, searched for a pen (I usually don’t have any) but luckily I did found! Started noting down the developmental areas and things or words that I think could have been better if written in some other way. I read line by line and was able to find out the stumbling blocks. I was getting reminded of our reviewers (well my Seniors and Managers who review our work) at that time that how much concentration the reviewing of return needs. You have to start line by line of the returns and find out the improvements in that, so that it should be delivered to the client the way they expect. You have to think from that other person’s perspective, so that you can give him what he wanted.  

I was able to give him (my friend) the constructive feedback for his writing and he actually thanked me for that. He said "Amrita, no one was able to figure out so many improvements but you have actually pointed out things that can be changed and bring out my emotions well, Thank you”. And he asked me from where did I learn to give such nice feedback? I did not have any answer at that point of time. I was amazed myself that whoa!! Did I really do that?  Did I actually make him feel good about the things? Did I give him ways to write it better? Did I? Okay, but I were happy for what I did and realized it’s time for to sleep (3:OOA.M.) I switched off the light, Kept my laptop aside; was trying to sleep, I realized it’s the place where I work in has given me this ability to review things minutely.

It’s the place where I work in, has given me this patience to read and go through the things thoroughly.

It’s the place where I work in that taught me how important is to manage the trust of your client. My friend was my client at that point of time and I did delivered the best.

It’s the place where I work in that made me realize “Hard work pays you off”.

It’s the place where I work in that makes me feel we all need a team effort to makes things perfect.

And last but not least it’s the place where I work in thought me what does the word Commitment Means. How important in life work is. If you don’t find any progression at your work place then it’s not sense to work.

In words of Confucius "Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day of your life”. And I feel the same. I actually don’t feel that I am working. It’s like my fun place for me where I experience with my learning’s. Its place where I enjoy being. Its place where I share my living with my colleague, with my people, most importantly with my Job! It’s not a part of my life but life's part! And I am Proud to be where I am!


Amrita
July 31, 2011 (IST).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...