Monday, December 26, 2011

The thought Scares me!!



I checked my mobile, it was 10:30 in the morning. I usually keep my mobile and Laptop next to my Pillow as i am so addicted to both of these things. There was no signal in my mobile, well i thought there is nothing new in that. It keeps happening in india. I switched it off, and on, off and on, but it didn't came. oh..i was wondering why though. okay, i thought to check my e mails, facebook updates, and see what to work on today in office.. Wifi didn't work. okay, i rushed to take out my data card .... no signal again!!! i started panicking .Went to watch some tv, holy shit! None of the channels were showing up. I was not able to make calls, was not able to login to internet and now no cable. what was wrong! Ifelt as if i am just far away from my world.

I had a quick bath and ran to office in hopes that it will work in there. There was a lot of rush in the office already in early hours.People had different tense expressions. I got to know something went wrong. But i just wanted to switch on my laptop and check my e mails, facebook without which i have no life left. No, No, No it was not working, internet was not working. I asked people over there they said they are working over it...Nope didn't work until evening. we were not able to communicate with any one through any satellite means, Like Radio, cable, antenna, internet, or mobile. Scary right?? then how are we going to communicate i thought ??? !!!! Well i was just into a thought that what are we going to do now when at this stage of life we are sooooo dependent on these communication styles. They are just our life infact. 

How am i going to tell my mom that i am fine and still alive?,  How am i going to talk to my dad who stays 1500 kms away from me? , How am i going to talk to my firends on FB? , or how am i going to know whats happening in the world as we have no cable network now? ,How will i work as our work was totally dependent on the Softwares and through e mails with the U.S. seniors? How am i going to fly..na not possible.I went to the post office, to write a letter and send it to mom, saying i am O.K. Don't worry. There was a longggg que over there.. I stood in the line just because i was worried what will happen next.

Basically, it is going to throw the capabilities of the world back at least a couple of decades( a couple of decades?? you gotta be kidding me).The military will be blind on intelligence assets for a long while . Millions of people would miss their favourite TV. Its going to affect our daily activities on a large basis. Well its going to affect overall world economy.. We will have to look back to the old ways of things.Oh well all the computers , laptops are of waste now. oh, TV ?? not of any use. I just didn wanted to think about it any more. 

okay, somehow i passed the que at post office, and wrote a post card to send it to my hometown. I was still in a thought what to do next. ?? I thought now there is no point in staying here, as i have nothing to do. I found all of my goals does not make any sense now? i have to set up something new..well that is scary! i was just walking and walking , not knowing what will i do next. 

TRING TRING!! phone bell rang, i opened my eyes.. my mom on the phone said " get up beta( Baby), its late . you have to go to the office". Oh My god!! That was a dream, a horrible and disastrous dream!! I said " is the phone working mom? she said "yes. it is."  yes....... FB was working, i was able to check my e mail!@!!!! 

I felt my life is back!! Yes i am alive. But that Dream thought really Scares the Hell out of me! I am sure yours too!

Amrita
09/04/2011

2 comments:

  1. Its okkk… could have been better…. This article basically scared u only… it should have done to the reader… u gave your examples .. fine.. but the few examples should have been such so that the reader could feel himself in your shoes and feel scared…. U used many times “I”, instead should have used “we”.. it relates the reader… article goes well…. Forces to think on different lines…. Subject is new … got something different to read…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...Thanks for the honest opinion. I liked the comment. :) May be it could have been better or may be not. I think i was a new writer at that time..so could not effect the reader that much. But i will surely try to follow what you said..and connect more with reader in the recent posts.

      Thankssss sOOOO much!

      Delete

Fell free to comment, just like Facebook likes ;)

Like us on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...